Volunteers are a key part of the conference and we’re looking for assistance!!!! Shifts are in 2 hour increments. Students looking to receive free registration (if you would like to attend sessions), are required to volunteer a Minimum of 6 hours between Oct. 18th & 19th. *Limited space available, so act now.
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the form below and submit by Friday 10/4/19. For more information, please contact Josh Jasper at: Josh@resourcesunite.com
This event brings leaders together to explore the ways in which we can advance race and equity in order to promote healthy, vibrant, and engaged communities. Volunteers are an important part of our operations, and we appreciate your assistance and commitment. As a volunteer, you represent Race in The Heartland to the attendees; your professionalism and courtesy reflects us and our partnerships.
Volunteers are expected to:
• arrive at all events/conference activities at the pre-arranged time
• contact us if you are unable to work at the arranged time
• wear a volunteer nametag, provided by Race in The Heartland
• refrain from cell phone conversations while conference sessions are taking place
• refer questions to a staff member, if the answer is not clearly known to the volunteer
• be polite and courteous to conference attendees, staff, and service personnel
Volunteers will be required to wear the provided volunteer shirt. Please dress comfortably for being on your feet.
You will have the opportunity to meet distinguished community leaders from across the state, speakers from across the country, and connect with business professionals. We hope you benefit from the comradery; however, please keep volunteer tasks in mind as you socialize so that staff can request your assistance as needed.
Volunteer tasks may include:
• assembling registration packets, nametags, event decorations
• assisting with attendee registration
• supplemental staffing for sessions, and/or keynotes
• assisting in set up and clean up as needed
• escorting attendees to breakout locations
• assisting attendees with disabilities (navigation, lunch buffet, etc)
We look forward to a great conference. Thank you for your valuable assistance!